All You Need To Know About Everyone Communicates, Few Connect for now...
Apr 07, 2019
You'll probably agree with me! There's so much noise in the world with everyone trying to communicate their best products, top business practices and all sorts of other distracting ideas. It can be overwhelming, however, there are ways to focus on what's really important and that's what I am learning through the John Maxwell Team and a Book called "Everyone Communicates, Few Connect".
John C. Maxwell, who is a famous leadership expert, outlines the secret to success in his book, Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently. One of the main milestones of a baby is learning how to communicate with the people around him or her. However, as people grow, the art of communication waters down to mere talking and lots of noise, with no connecting.
The idea is to learn and know how to turn each communication into an amazing connection.
John C. Maxwell, shares five key practices and principles that will put you on the right track of developing the crucial connecting skills. The facts are that most people who fail to achieve their goals or unlock their maximum potential lack the ability to connect with others effectively.
The 5 Key Practices and Principles of Everyone Communicates, Few Connect
These key practices and principles will help you become an effective leader by helping you connect with people in different situations. Once you master the art of communication, you will be able to build a brand through using social media platforms, networking, and general business building.
- Finding common ground – You will learn that communication and connection become easier when you figure out that you have something in common with others. This could be the basis for the entire conversation.
- Keeping your communication simple – simple conversations enhance trust and attentiveness.
- Capturing people’s interest – once you have someone’s interest and attention you can effectively communicate your agenda.
- Inspiring people – This aspect strengthens the trust and bond.
- Staying authentic in all your relationships
In addition to mastering the practices and principles, try attending forums. Here you can observe how good leaders communicate and connect. The main challenge in becoming a model leader is taking advantage of what you already have. Don’t concentrate on what you do not have. Do not be afraid to fail as you try to apply this knowledge in your life. Failure is inevitable, just learn how to pick yourself up and become better.
John C. Maxwell draws illustrations from his experiences and tries to make his readers understand that effective communication is a skill that most people lack, but can acquire. He provides substantial insight on how his readers could become business and career masterminds by merely communicating effectively. At the end of the book, he emphasizes on understanding the key concepts of leadership, business, and communicating, saving time and expanding the leadership and communication skills of his readers.
He also provides for ten connecting practices and principles, some of them include:
- Connecting increases the influence you have over every situation.
- The basis of connecting is “other people”. Stop the narcissism.
- Connecting goes beyond words. Other aspects are emotions and body language.
- Connecting takes a lot of energy.
- Connecting is more of a skill than a talent.
- Connectors need to live the message that they communicate. Do not preach water and drink wine.
Stay connected for valuable content and updates!
Join to receive content updates, updates on courses and free downloads.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared with any third parties.